Saturday, September 4, 2010

My Own Illuminated Landscape


This month's Sierran book comes highly recommended. The Illuminated Landscape is an anthology of writings about the Sierra Nevada.

From the book's preface:

The vitality and grandeur of the Sierra Nevada offers no greater palette for the muse.

By the way, I hosted a bbq to celebrate the one year anniversary of the blog, Sierra Musings (08/31/10). Inivitations were mailed. Noone attended, but that's ok. I ate a hot dog with some potato salad. I gave the leftovers to our dog, *Kaweah. Kaweah enjoyed the food very much and wagged her tail appreciatively and intermittently succumbed to her sudden fits of joy by jumping on me. She seemed to be saying, "I just realized that you're here!"

*Kaweah is the Piute word for "I squat here." To quote Dave Barry, I am not making this up!



No comments:

Post a Comment