Friday, January 1, 2010

Miraculous Tent Engineering

January 1st is kind of a weird day. By the time you get up and slog around Lake Merritt and drink your coffee and eat your waffles, it's already 2:30 in the afternoon. It's almost dinner time. So you decide it's a good day to clean out your EMail inbox, which now boasts EMails numbering in the thousands. How did I fail to delete the soccer snack schedule from last March, or the information about the free online V!cod!n? While wading through all the electronic junk, I suspect the best approach is to simply press "delete all." However, I'm glad I didn't. Because I carefully went through each individual EMail, I managed to salvage this little gem pictured below from an REI ad for a Kelty 6 person tent. I had saved this Email, because I recall silently examining it for several minutes. Then I imagined my own family of 6 in this arrangement. Then I laughed really hard.

The diagram shows the floor plan for shoehorning the 6 persons into the tent. I would like to dine with the tent floorspace engineers who designed this miraculous configuration and pry their minds. From where does their genius come?

No comments:

Post a Comment