Saturday, September 12, 2009

Infamous Spaghetti



August 17th, 2009. 7:30 AM, Cathedral Lake

Sunrise over Cathedral Peak

Lydia and I celebrate our 18th anniversary with Clare, Sam, Max and Henry.

This was a much better venue than when we celebrated our 3rd anniversary with our daughter, Clare, (10 months old at the time) and my hiking buddy, Pete. "What was Pete doing there?" Lydia always asks even to this day. At that anniversary we were staying in some car camping spot half way between Lee Vining and Tioga Pass. I had tried to make spaghetti on our backpacking stove. I didn't have a strainer, and the noodles were overcooked and starchy. The meal had the consistency of fresh paper mache. We could have used the leftovers (there were lots of leftovers) for an arts and craft project, like the construction of either a piƱata or a model of Jupiter.

1 comment:

  1. My dears, best wishes to both of you.
    We miss you guy a lot. Hope to you all soon.
    Please take me next time to one of your trips, I think I can do it.
    I enjoyed your pictures.
    Love always, Suraya and family.

    ReplyDelete